Vegan Spinach Pie – Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, vegan spinach pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegan Spinach Pie is one of the favorite food menus that are now being sought by many people over the internet. In case you are the one who wants the recipe information, then this is the right website page. We convey the steps to how cooking together with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You may cook Vegan Spinach Pie using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Spinach Pie
- Prepare of Filling.
- Get 2-3 tbsp of margarine.
- You need 150 g of chickpea flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper, garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of vegetable bouillon cube.
- Make ready 500 ml of soy milk.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 430 g of frozen chopped spinach.
- It’s 100 g of soy yogurt, unsweetened.
- Prepare of Easy Pie Crust.
- Take 250 g of AP flour.
- It’s 100 ml of hot tap water.
- Prepare 100 ml of oil (I used 50 ml EVOO, 50ml sunflower)or melted margarine.
- Take 1/2-1 tsp of salt (to taste).
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
Step by step to make Vegan Spinach Pie
- For the filling: Start off by making a roux: melt margarine in a pot. Add chickpea flour and whisk. Slowly add in milk. Whisk vigorously to break up clumps. Cook for a few minutes..
- Next, add spinach, onion, water, stock cube and spices. Cook until spinach has thawed and the mixture has reduced to a thick paste..
- Mix in the soy yogurt. Set aside to cool..
- For the pie crust: combine all ingredients in a Tupperware box. Cover with a tight lid. Shake vigorously until a ball of dough forms..
- Put the ball of dough in the center of a parchment-lined pan. Spread it out with your knuckles. The dough is very forgiving, but take your time with this step. Get the crust as thin as possible without leaving any holes. Patch up any mistakes..
- Prick your crust with a fork and blind bake it at 200°C for 5-10 min, just until the dough gets a bit firm..
- Pour spinach filling inside the crust and bake it at 180°C for 20 min, then at 200°C for 15 min or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. If the edges are starting to burn before the filling has set, cover your pie with aluminum foil..
- Let cool for 10 min and enjoy :).
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food vegan spinach pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!