Indonesian Sambal – Easy chilli paste / condiment (Vegan) – Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, indonesian sambal – easy chilli paste / condiment (vegan). It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Indonesian Sambal – Easy chilli paste / condiment (Vegan) is probably the favorite food menus that will be sought by a lot of people throughout the internet. When you are the individual who is looking to get the recipe information, then this is actually the right website page. We convey the steps to how cooking and also the ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You could have Indonesian Sambal – Easy chilli paste / condiment (Vegan) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Sambal – Easy chilli paste / condiment (Vegan)
- It’s 400 gr of red chillies chopped.
- Take 20 of Thai chillies (optional).
- It’s 15 of garlics chopped.
- Prepare 5-6 of shallots chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes.
- Take 1/2 of lime (or lemon) – use the liquid.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Himalayan salt.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of white pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of knorr chicken (this is optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable or sunflower oil (add when need it).
- You need 1/8 cup of Gula jawa/brown sugar.
Instructions to make Indonesian Sambal – Easy chilli paste / condiment (Vegan)
- Below is the inggredients (not all of them), that is how Gula jawa looks like, it usually in cylinder. The other one is brown sugar..
- Heat the wok, add the oil. Meanwhile, Blends all the inggredients with blenders (I like to do this till smooth, some people prefer this not too smoth, up to you). Start cooking. As guideline, the paste should be swimming in oil (see picture), This will take about an hour-1.5hours in medium heat. Stirred occasionaly (I start with 30 minutes in timer, and gradually move to 15 minutes to stirred). sometimes add more oil in the process..
- After 1 hour this how it should looks like, darker and a bit shiny. This is when you taste and add any that missing (su gar, salt, etc) the paste should gradually lost all the water and you can see the oil start separating. It usually took about 1.5hr for me. And it will last me for more then 2 month in fridge..
- Note 1. I used thai chillies, this is optional 2. Sugar type can be anything from as simple as white sugar, originally this used Gula jawa which means coconut sugar (palmyra palm) or we also used palm sugar (this can be found in asian supermarket). This can be subtitute with brown sugar. Fyi: This is not the same as jaggery (as this taste more sour, but you can of course try using it). 3. You can freeze this, I prefer to freeze in batches, that I know I would finish in a couple of weeks..
- If you dont want too spicy, dont use seed of chillies and use more tomatoes..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food indonesian sambal – easy chilli paste / condiment (vegan) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!