Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not – Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, squash soup base – vegetarian or not. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not is among the favorite food menus that have been sought by many people people in the internet. When you are the individual that is looking for the recipe information, then this can be the right website page. We convey the steps to how to prepare with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You may cook Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not
- You need 1 of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- It’s 1 of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Get 1 cup of water.
- Get 1/4 pc of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Make ready of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- Get 1 spoonful of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- Take 1 spoonful of sliced ham (optional).
- Get 1 spoonful of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- You need 1 of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- Take 1-2 of dollops cream (optional).
- Make ready 1-2 Tbsp of coconut cream (optional).
Instructions to make Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food squash soup base – vegetarian or not recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!