King Oyster Mushroom Scallops – Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, king oyster mushroom scallops. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
King Oyster Mushroom Scallops is among the favorite food menus that are being sought by a lot of people through the internet. If you’re the one who needs the recipe information, then this can be a right website page. We convey the steps to how to prepare combined with ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You could have King Oyster Mushroom Scallops using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of King Oyster Mushroom Scallops
- Get 6 of large King Oyster Mushrooms.
- Get 1 cup of no chicken or veggie broth (my opinion both work).
- Make ready 1/2 C of dry white wine (I omitted, didn't have).
- You need 1 of (6 in.) Piece dulse or Kombu seaweed (1 used Kombu).
- Get 2 tsp of white miso.
- Take 2 tsp of tamari or soy sauce (I use braggs liquid aminos).
- Make ready 1 tsp of pure maple syrup.
- Get 1 tsp of vegan Worcestershire sauce.
- Take of Salt to taste.
- Get of Toasted sesame oil for searing.
King Oyster Mushroom Scallops step by step
- Cut mushroom stems crosswise into 1-inch pieces–you should have at least 16 pieces total. (Reserve the caps for another use.) Using a sharp paring knife, score both flat sides in a cross-hatch pattern..
- Whisk broth, wine, seaweed, miso, tamari (or soy sauce), maple syrup and Worcestershire in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until the miso dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and reduce heat to maintain a bare simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour..
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mushrooms to a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt..
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes total. Serve the mushroom "scallops" with the sauce, if desired..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food king oyster mushroom scallops recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!