Ghormeh sabzi (Persian herbs stew) – Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, ghormeh sabzi (persian herbs stew). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ghormeh sabzi (Persian herbs stew) is amongst the favorite food menus that are sought by a lot of people through the internet. In case you are the one who needs the recipe information, then this is the right website page. We convey the steps to how in order to smoke along with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
Ghormeh sabzi or Khoresht Sabzi is an Iranian herb stew. It is a very popular dish in Iran. Azerbaijanis have also adopted the Iranian dish as a favorite.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You could cook Ghormeh sabzi (Persian herbs stew) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ghormeh sabzi (Persian herbs stew)
- Take 3 bunches of curly parsley, roughly chopped.
- Make ready 1 bunch of cilantro/coriander, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 bunches of green onions; only the green part, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Make ready 500 gr of meat (either lamb, beef or chicken) in cubes; or brown mushrooms if vegetarian.
- Take 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of salt.
- Get 1 tbsp of dry fenugreek.
- Get 1 can of red kidney beans (or homemade cooked ones).
- Get 3 of dry lemons (fresh ones are ok if can't find dry).
- It’s of olive oil.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of black pepper.
Ghormeh sabzi (Persian herbs stew) instruction manuals
- Roughly chop the parsley, green part of green onions and cilantro.
- Chop them together very finely with a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, it's ok to do it with a knife but it will take longer..
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and saute the herbs for about 8 minutes in medium high heat. Reserve them..
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pot and heat it on medium high heat. Add the onions and mix. Cook until golden. Add your meat and mushrooms, salt, turmeric, black pepper and fenugreek and mix. Cook until the meat is seared. Add 4 cups of water, the lemons and mix and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat to simmer for about 3 hours..
- Add the red kidney beans and cook for 20 more minutes..
- Serve with tadhig.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food ghormeh sabzi (persian herbs stew) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!