Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie – Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, delicata squash shepherds pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie has become the favorite food menus that are sought by many people people in the internet. If you’re the individual who needs the recipe information, then this is the right website page. We convey the steps to how to cook and also the ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You could have Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie
- Take 4 of small delicata Squash, cleaned and cut in cubes.
- Make ready 2 of cups, water.
- Take 1 cup of cooked mashed potatoes.
- It’s 1 of vegan chicken bouillon cube.
- Make ready 2 cups of cooked red lentils (or any lentil of your choice).
- Get 1 1/2 cup of each of chopped celery, onions and carrots.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce, 8oz.
- Make ready 1 cup of thinly sliced green chard.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of Badia Mediterranean Blend.
- Get 3 of crushed garlic cloves or 1tbsp of ajo.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Take to taste of Salt/pepper.
Delicata Squash Shepherds Pie instruction manuals
- Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Let it get slightly hot, then add onions, celery and carrots. Stir and cook for about 10-11 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the green chard and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Add the lentils, liquid smoke, mediterranean seasoning and tomato sauce to the veggies. Add another tbsp of coconut oil to keep the food from sticking to the pan. Cook for another 7-9 minutes. Set aside.
- Clean and cube the squash. In small pot, put in the squash, water and bouillon then cook for approx. 20-30 minutes on medium heat. Check the squash with a fork. If it's soft enough to go thru the fork then it's ready. When it's ready pour half of the liquid out of the pot. Add the cooked mashed potatoes to the squash then start to mash the ingredients together. When it becomes a smooth mixture, stir until fully blended..
- Take a 8"or 9" casserole dish and add the veggie mix to the dish. Evenly spread the mix throughout the dish. Take squash/potatoe mashed mix and put on top evenly coating the dish. Set oven to broil. Broil the dish for 10-15 minutes or until the top is nicely browned. Bon Appetite!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food delicata squash shepherds pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!