Ohn No Khauk Swe / Burmese Laksa – Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, ohn no khauk swe / burmese laksa. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ohn No Khauk Swe / Burmese Laksa is among the favorite food menus that are sought by many people people in the internet. In case you are the individual who is seeking the recipe information, then this is actually the right website page. We convey the steps to how in order to smoke and also the ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You could have Ohn No Khauk Swe / Burmese Laksa using 17 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ohn No Khauk Swe / Burmese Laksa
- Make ready of Whole Chicken.
- Get of Salt.
- Make ready of Turmeric Powder.
- Take of Dried Peanuts.
- You need of Dahl Flour or Dhal.
- Prepare of Onions.
- It’s of Dried Chilli Powder (Bright Red).
- Prepare of Coconut Milk.
- You need of Evaporated Milk.
- Get of Egg Noodles.
- Get of Kway Teow Rice Noodles.
- Take of Fish Sauce.
- Get of Vegetarian Mushroom Seasoning (Substitute for MSG).
- You need of Rice Grains.
- You need of Fried Chilli Powder (Dark Red).
- Prepare of “Pae Kyaw” (fried chick peas in glutin rice dough).
- Prepare of Lemons.
Ohn No Khauk Swe / Burmese Laksa detailed
- Rub one whole chicken with salt and Turmeric Powder and boil in water for 20 minutes. Following which, we cut into small pieces. You can choose to remove the bones for aesthetics’ purpose. Keep the boiled water for later.
- Pound the onions.
- Warm the peanuts without oil. Remove the outer skin..
- Heat up the groundnut oil and add in the pounded onions with turmeric powder. Leave the onions there for 2 mins until it smells good..
- Add in 2 spoons of red Chilli powder and mix. Following which add fish sauce.
- Add in the chicken and mix. Add in 3 spoons of coconut milk for the aroma. It will start to smell good..
- Add in the water that was used to boil the chicken that was mixed with salt and turmeric. Add in more water until it feels almost half the cooking wok. Wait for it to boil..
- Grind the peanuts into powder. Put water and grind again. For all kinds of powder, put water and pour it in..
- Cook the uncooked rice grains with heat without oil. And grind with water. Pour it in and stir thoroughly..
- Wait to boil. Prepare 3 eggs. Stir it..
- Simultaneously add the scrambled raw eggs and stir..
- Add 3 spoons of salt..
- If you don’t have Dahl powder, grind the Dahl dry first without water. Then add water later and grind. Add it to the wok..
- Pour in half of the evaporated milk can. And wait for the dhal and rice powder to soften. Taste it and add salt accordingly..
- To set aside a portion for the health conscious, you can start to set aside this cooked mixture before we pour in a whole can of coconut milk..
- Pour in the whole can of coconut milk..
- Taste the mixture. Add in vegetable mushroom seasoning, if lacking flavour..
- After a while, reduce the heat intensity and leave the powder to cook. The soup is now complete..
- Prepare water to cook the noodles. Wait for water to boil. Filter the water away and wash the noodles with running water to remove chemicals..
- While waiting for water to boil, set aside some cut onions, lemon as well as “Pae Kyaw” (fried chick peas in glutin rice dough) and to put in separately into the dish later. Additionally, set aside some fish sauce and fried Chilli powder..
- Pour in the soup mixture into the bowl of noodles. It’s your preference to add egg noodles or rice noodles, or both. Add in the prepared ingredients from Step 11 according to preference. Now you have a delicious bowl of Ohn No Khauk Swe.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food ohn no khauk swe / burmese laksa recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!