Split green pea soup – Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, split green pea soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Split green pea soup is among the favorite food menus that are sought by a lot of people in the internet. If you’re the one who is looking for the recipe information, then this can be a right website page. We convey the steps to how to cook combined with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
Homemade Split Pea Soup, just like mom made growing up! This hearty, protein packed, comforting soup is made with tender split peas, flavorful ham and fresh vegetables. It's easy to make and perfect for the cold weather.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can certainly have Split green pea soup using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Split green pea soup
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Get 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Get 1 of Onion, diced.
- Make ready 3 stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of thyme leaves,dried.
- You need 3 of carrots, chopped.
- Make ready 4-6 cloves of Garlic, presses or finely minced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- Take 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth low sodium (add another cup if you want thinner broth).
- Get 1 lb of Green Split Peas (rinced).
- Make ready 1 tsp of liquid smoke optional for vegetarian version.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt kosher or 1/4 tsp table salt (add after cooking if needed).
- Prepare of Optional meats you can use: (or combination of them).
- You need 6 slices of bacon.
- You need 2 of small ham hocks.
- It’s 2-3 cups of diced leftover ham (which is all I use).
Split green pea soup instructions
- Turn the pressure cooker on to the Sauté function. Let it warm up and add the olive oil and butter..
- Add the onion, celery, bay leaves, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add the carrots, garlic, (bacon or ham, if using), and pepper and cook for a minute.
- Add broth, hambone or ham hock, if using, (Add liquid smoke, if using, for vegetarian method). Let come to a simmer..
- Stir in split peas..
- Place the lid on the pot and lock it in place. Set the steam release knob to the Sealing position..
- Cancel the sauté function and Choose Pressure Cook/Manual, and use the + or – or dial to choose 18 minutes. High pressure. It will take a few minutes for the pot to come to pressure..
- When the cooking time has finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 15 minutes to naturally release some of the pressure. Then turn the steam release knob to Venting to quick release the remaining pressure..
- When the pin in the lid drops down, carefully open the lid, facing away from you. Remove the bay leaves and the bone or ham hocks, if you used them..
- Taste and add the salt as desired. Serve hot. The soup will thicken quite a bit when it cools, that is normal..
- This isn’t my recipe I found it online at simply nourishing and tried it out. I liked the fact you do not have to use Ham or a ham hock. I posted it because I use it again and again and tweek it till it tastes the way I like it.😸.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food split green pea soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!